Tuesday, September 8, 2009

RIP – COLONEL ANAND KUMAR SINGH


A classmate of mine, Anand from the ISB passed away last Friday to the complete shock and disbelief of the entire ISB community.

I didn’t know him very well but surely remember chatting up with him on and off (he was from another section) but what struck me was his ever-smiling face, a vibrant attitude and an energetic, brisk walk. All characteristics that constantly reminded you that he was (formerly) a man in uniform.

He was also in my group that was part of 3-4 feedback sessions to the ISB senior management. And I clearly remember that he would be calm, observant yet make his point in a measured manner. And it always concerned a policy matter or for creating better opportunities for the student community.

I also noticed in all my interactions with him that he was itching to do something…something different...something innovative...that’s the sense I got of him. He would always talk of an idea or what-if-I kinda situations…saying I wanna try this….

But yes….I can’t help notice the number of times I am using words like WAS, REMEMBERED, WOULD….because he is no more with us. That’s the bitter truth.
I feel a certain emptiness within as I think about all of this and saddened that a soul...a bundle of feelings….a human being…a heart full of hope was alive and kicking….till about 4 days back…and today it is no more…
RIP Anand.

1 comment:

  1. We are touched by your kind and effusive remarks.... it is almost a year since he passed away and a kind and gentle soul is missed by all....

    RSK

    ReplyDelete